WISDOM Is The Principal Thing. (Proverbs 4:7).
“Seeing the multitude, he opened his mouth and taught them…” ( Matthew 5:1).
There are multitudes right here in these United States, who no longer serve the Lord Jesus Christ. They have lost their first love and have grown cold and indifferent to the will and purpose of God. They still believe in God and will testify that they still pray, but their walk is not in the spirit but in the flesh.
The Bible says they that are in the flesh cannot please God. (Romans 8:8).
As a pastor, it is my responsibility to Preach and Teach the Word of God. “Not with enticing words of man’s wisdom–lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect–but in the demonstration of the Spirit and power. That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
My assignment, therefore, is to emphasize, with all diligence, the importance of Obedience to “The Word of God.
Behold! To obey is better than to sacrifice…(1 Samuel15:22).
And, “Repentance is never a substitute for obedience.”
- The Bible says, God Is Not A Man –He Cannot Lie (Numbers23:19).
- “Be ye Doers of The Word and not Hearers only. (James 1:22).
- Also, Hebrews 6:18. reminds us that “It is impossible for God to lie.” Therefore whenever he speaks, obedience is the only expected response.
- In His closing remarks, of his first sermon– “The Sermon On The Mount” Jesus declared “Whosoever heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock” (Matthew 7:24).
- In response to a gracious compliment from a woman in the crowd, Jesus said, “Yea rather, blessed are they that Hear The Word and keep it. (Luke 11:27,28).
- Also, at the wedding feast in Cana of Galilee, Mary the mother of Jesus said to the servants, “Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.” (John 2:5).
- Again In James 1:22, the Bible says, “Be Ye Doers of the Word, and Not Hearers Only…”
- Finally, In the book of Revelation, John said–“I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet saying, “I Am Alpha and Omega, The First and The Last…He That Hath An Ear, Let Him Hear What The Spirit Saith Unto The Churches. (Revelation 1:11, 2:11,17,29, 3:6,13,22).
- My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. (1:10).
- My son, walk not thou in the way with sinners, refrain thy foot from their path. (1:15).
- My son, … receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee. (2:1).
- My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments. (3:1).
- My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction. (3:11).
- My son, let them not depart from thy eyes; keep sound wisdom and discretion. (3:21)
- My son, hear and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many. (4:10).
- My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. (4:20).
- My son, attend unto my wisdom and bow thine ear to my understanding. (5:1).
- My son, why will thou be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger? (5:20)
- My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou has stricken thy hand with a stranger thou art snared with the words of thy mouth…. (6:1).
- My son, keep thy father’s commandments and forsake not the law of thy mother. (6:20).
- My son, keep my words and lay up my commandments with thee. (7:1).
“Wisdom Is The Principal Thing…(Proverbs 4:7).
Our Assignment Is… “To Build Spiritual Houses”–for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
At “The Wisdom Centre-TNJ, (Trenton New Jersey)”Our focus is on Building Spiritual Houses–For an Habitation of God Through the Spirit.
“Ye also as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house….” (1 Peter 2:5).
“…built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone….”
“…builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.” (Ephesians 2:20-22).
(1 Peter 2:5, Ephesians 2:20-22, Matthew 7:24).
To maintain the pattern– we must hear the word and do it.
In Deuteronomy 28:1 “Hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments.”`
In John 14:15, “If you love me keep my commandments.”
Building upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, with Jesus Christ, as the chief cornerstone.
These are just some of the scriptures that guide our mission in this 21st. Century. We are determined to do things differently. As we refocus on doing the word and not just hearing it; we expect a greater demonstration of the Spirit and power of God in our lives.
Therefore, my speech and preaching are not with enticing words of mans’ wisdom, but in the demonstration of the Spirit and power of God; that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
God is not a man –He cannot lie!
Hath he said it, and shall he not do it?
Hath he spoken, and shall he not make it Good?
“Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh is there anything too hard for me?” (Jeremiah 32:18).
The Sower, The seed, and “The Good Ground.”
As the sower went out–some seeds (The seed is “The Word”) fell by the wayside, and the birds devoured them, some fell on stony ground where they had not much earth, and though they sprung up, they were scorched by the sun and they withered away.
Some seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns sprung up and choked them.
But, others fell into Good Ground: These are they that hear the Word and understand it, which also bringeth forth much fruit. (Matthew 13:1-23).
How many sermons have you heard?
How much of what you’ve heard, have you understood, and applied to your life?
Is the word bringing forth fruit in you? ?
Is it changing you to become more like Him?
Is your mind being renewed.?
So many questions and so much more.
We attend Church so often, hear the word and yet, we’re still the same.
Same attitudes, habits, lust, worldliness, filthy conversations, pride, envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, and the list goes on. But we’ve been in church for years hearing the word–in one ear and out the other.
As much word as some of us have already heard we should be far better than we are, but, the word falls by the wayside, on stony ground or among the thorns. So little falls on good ground.
We’ve forgotten that it’s our responsibility to receive the word and apply it. Hear the word and do it. The word must be believed and acted upon. Be not hearers only but doers also. (James 1:22).
Learning Obedience is, therefore, our primary focus at “The Wisdom Centre”
Since we are in fact naughty by nature, Obedience must be learned. We send our dogs to obedience school so they will not pee in the house, yet as children of God, we give so little attention to obeying the word of God.
In rebellion, we are determined to do things our way, yet we want God’s blessings.
All these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you if you hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God… (Deuteronomy 28:1)
God Is Not A Man –He cannot lie. Whatsoever he says to you–Just do it… (John 2:5).