Where WISDOM Is The *Principal Thing... (Proverbs 4:7)
Q.What is Wisdom?
A. The Cambridge English Dictionary defines wisdom as the ability to use your knowledge and experiences to make good decisions and judgments
- Moses said, "I have taught you statutes and judgments... keep therefore and do them, for this is your wisdom..."(Deuteronomy 4:5,6).
- John Calvin said, "True wisdom consists in being wise according to the law of God.
- Apart from Christ, there is no wisdom. It is a divine endowment and not a human acquisition. (Dr. Spiros Zodhiates).
- "Conviction of Ignorance is the doorstep to the temple of wisdom." (C. H. Spurgeon).
- Wisdom is the ability to discern the difference in people, moments, and environments. (Dr. Mike Murdock. http://www.thewisdomcentre.tv).
- Solomon summed up his years of knowledge and experiences by saying, "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His Commandments: For this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13).
- "And unto man, God said--Behold, The Fear of The Lord, That Is Wisdom..." (Job 28:28).
Q. But, What does it mean to "Fear the Lord?"
A. This "Fear" means Reverence, Respect, and Honor.
We honor God by Obedience to his word. When you hear the word-- do it. (James 1:22), (Joshua 1:8), (John 1:7), (Matthew 7:24), (Psalms 1:1-3), Deuteronomy 6:6,7, 28:1,2).
"O Fear The Lord, Ye His saints: For There Is No Want To Them That Fear Him." (Psalm 34:9).
My prayer and desire for you-- is that, "...you being filled with the knowledge of His will in all Wisdom and Spiritual understanding... may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God." (Colossians 1:9, 4:12). Amen.
(*Principal--The Most Important, The Main Thing, or The #1).
For the perfecting of the Saints...
Maurice w. Armstrong. (Pastor/Teacher).