- Obedience is the Starting Point and Goal of our Christian Life.
- Our love for God Is expressed by Obedience to His word.
- "It Shall Come To Pass--If you..." (Deuteronomy 28:1).
"God Is Not a Man, that He should lie..." (Numbers 23:19).Therefore, whenever He speaks, Obedience is the only expected response.
The fulfillment of His promises are connected to our individual response to His words-- He said, “If you…”
"If you--harken diligently unto the Voice of the Lord thy God--to observe and do all his commandments…Then the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth."
All these blessings shall come upon thee and overtake thee...
- Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.
- Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
- Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
- Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
THE LORD WILL:
- “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways. (If you...)
- “The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you. (If you...)
- “The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways. (if you...)
Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you.
4. The Lord will grant you plenty of goods, in the fruit of your body, in the increase of your livestock, and in the produce of your ground, in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you. (if you...)
5. The Lord will open to you His good c]treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. (If you...)
6. The Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. (If you...)